Monday, April 23, 2007

Weekend Break

TMS Part II is forthcoming! I promise! Had to take a little break over the weekend to travel East and visit the kinfolks. What a treat! It's been quite a while since we've made the trip to Willis to see my parents and my ornery Grandma, and it gave hubby and I an opportunity to enjoy a leisurely drive through the beautiful countryside and to do a little "prowling" for antiques in Brenham and Carmine!

As many of you know, Dave and I are incurable collectors. Our respective major obsessions, Akro Agate glass and Fiestaware are getting scarce in our neck of the woods, so it's a real treat when we BOTH make some good finds! As luck would have it, I managed to snag some vintage stuff (Yellow Fiesta relish base, cobalt covered sugar and teacup), as well as some discontinued Chartreuse & New Cobalt pieces! Alas it looked like we'd once again go home with no Akro for Dave, but as we rounded the corner in a dusty attic shop in Brenham -- there it was! AKRO! PRIMO Akro!! Oxblood & White AND Cobalt & White cig jars, a Yellow Ribbed Flute shallow bowl, AND a green Thumbpot! I know this sounds like jibberish to non-collectors -- but to hubby and I it's pure gold! Picture a couple of fat, middle-aged crazies in matching Sadler T-Shirts running around an antiques store high-fiving and yelling "SCORE!!!!" I'll bet the clientele thought we were referring to racing!! Let 'em wonder!

Tonight, the rest of TMS will be up, along with some pics of our cool finds! Who knows, maybe we can coax more of our NASCAR friends into collecting weird stuff!


Edited to add "loot!"


1 comment:

Nursing "N" Nascar said...

Glad you had a nice weekend... but I must know... did ya travel in style for the weekend??? (Thinkin big thing on wheels and major clean up crew! LOL)